The ICT & Media Department is cross-cutting and therefore seeks to address the connectivity and harnessing of the emerging technologies to enhance research capacity. Modernizing the infrastructure and services that support research activities of the company is a priority of the department.
Interfusion’s dedicated and professional R&D team consists from seasoned professionals in various expertise, high qualified programmers (MATLAB,C, C++,JAVA, Perl , .NET, Python, HTML, PHP etc.) and has the ability to undertake and run large technological projects as they have done with extreme success in the past with their experience in several FP6, FP7, Eureka EUROSTARS, CIP , and national projects.
The Department, among others, is active in the following areas:
- Service (subscription and admission control) design and implementation, end-to-end QoS and protocols for negotiation between Customer and ISP and ISP to ISP.
- Security of large critical infrastructures
- Internet service provisioning & deployment.
- Medical informatics
- Internet traffic optimization
- e-GOVERNMENT services
- Fibber optics, wireless systems, mobile networks
- Content issues & management
- Triple play services
- Neural networks & artificial intelligence
- Information security
- Networked Media and 3D Internet
Research projects currently underway or recently completed by the Department:
- FP7-ICT-2011 Challenge 5 Integrating Project titled‘FUPOL -Future Policy Modelling’
- CIP-ICT-PSP-3,Objective 3.3: Inclusive eGovernance: flexible, personalised and multi- channel based service delivery targeted at the socially disadvantaged – Project“DIEGO- “highlyscalableDeploymentmodel” of InclusiveE-Gov”.
- CIP-ICT-PSP-5,Objective: 4.1: Towards a cloud of public services – Project“SEED- Speeding EveryEuropeanDigital”
- EUREKA-EUROSTARS-2, Objective 1.2.8 Data Processing / Data Interchange, Middleware - Project“ASPIS -ASecurePlatformfor IPTV Systems”.
- NGOFund-1,Priority Area: Health and Childcare – Project“TSEC-Thalassaemia Specific Electronic Communications”.