Title: “highly scalable Deployment model” of Inclusive E-Gov
Total Requested funding: € 2.499.880
Coordinator: INVESTIGACIÓN Y DESARROLLO INFORMÁTICO EIKON - IDI EIKON (Spain)
- FUNDACIÓN COMUNIDAD VALENCIANAREGIÓN EUROPEA (Spain)
- DIPUTACION PROVINCIAL DE VALENCIA (Spain)
- AYUNTAMIENTO QUART DE POBLET (Spain)
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE PATERNA (Spain)
- MID-WEST REGIONAL AUTHORITY (Ireland)
- CAMBRIDGESHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (UK)
- ALTEC SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (Greece)
- MUNICIPALITY OF ZOGRAFOU (Greece)
- ASSOCIAZIONE REGIONALE DELLE AUTONOMIE LOCALI DEL LAZIO (Italy)
- PROVINCIA DI BERGAMO (Italy)
- INTERFUSION SERVICES LTD (Cyprus)
- MUNICIPALITY OF PAFOS (Cyprus)
Summary of Project:
DIEGO wants to be an outstanding up-take and replication, highly scalable at EU scale, of an “Inclusive e-Gov service delivery” model based on multi-channel strategies (including virtual face-to-face interactions and “proxy” roles on behalf of “still reluctant ICT” citizens) and integrated service infrastructure (one-stop-shop) specifically aimed at reaching the disadvantaged citizens.
DIEGO Inclusive e-Gov service delivery” model tackles, in a coordinated and integrated way, the three goals proposed in the Objective 3.3.: Inclusive eGov[ernance]: flexible, personalised and multi-channel based service delivery targeted at the socially disadvantaged.
DIEGO will expand, initially, the model across 6 Member States and what follow is what DIEGO offers now:
- Citizens Centric and personalised e-Gov Services based on multi-channel delivery modalities. DIEGO is a multi-IST e-Gov platform able to create and share services coming from different Back Offices or Service Generation Engines. Specific citizen-oriented interfaces can be built for better matching citizen’s acceptance and participation in e-Gov processes. Also, DIEGO interoperability and integration capabilities allow an expansion of the existing e-Gov Services towards a more citizen-driven offer (as new information sources and citizens participation mechanisms can be integrated for adding information and creating more personal and proactive services).
- “One-stop-shop”, based on flexible and multi-channel platform to support the process of combined service delivery across different administrations. DIEGO is uses its interoperable and integration standard and open source based features to generate a unique Citizenship framework where different e-Gov services coming from different sources and with different scopes (local, regional, national and trans-border European services) can be combined to make real the “unique citizen window” goal that e-Gov is looking for.
- Capacity building based on innovative and robust ICT solutions aimed at facilitating service delivery by civil servants and other practitioners along the delivery chain so as to empower them to acquire new skills and, at the same time, to provide easy, accurate and personalised content delivery to the end users. DIEGO is empowers Public Administrations capacity for offering citizen-oriented services by integrating FULL e-Accessibility interfaces to “as much as possible” previously existing services (without changing workflows or management procedures) but also by providing new Software as a Service (SaaS) standard Back Offices for new services generation, that Public Administration responsible are able to handle, update and modify with basic IST web navigation skills.
Impact for Cyprus:
Cyprus participates in DIEGO with Interfusion Services Ltd and Municipality of Pafos. DIEGO will be completed in February 2012, and it could become the benchmark for the rest Municipalities in terms of services provided. When DIEGO is completed a wide range of E-Gov services will be provided by mediums like Internet, Mobile Phones, Info-Kiosks, Digital Television and Nintendo Wii.
In the DIEGO project, Interfusion acts as the Coordinator and manager of the Cypriot pilot. Its role is essential for the provision of guidance and support to the Municipality of Pafos in terms of inclusive e-service transformation and provision. Interfusion will therefore operate on a dual level within the project: a) will maintain a guidance role to Municipality, providing assistance in the decision making process to the high level decision makers at municipal level, and providing the training to the staff on the operation and provision of the services to be implemented, b) will maintain a technology advisory role in the project, as the Municipality will require a closely related partner throughout the project for the implementation of the e-services. Interfusion will also support the Municipality in the progress and financial management of the pilot in Cyprus and will ensure that the activities conform to the action plan and the programme guidelines and requirements.
The main outcome of DIEGO, will be to offer to any European Public Authority a FULL e-Accessibility front-end for e-Gov services, highly scalable and affordable:
- A new “user-centric” and accessible service provision model for speeding up Inclusive e-Government & e-Governance (Inclusive e-Gov), including trans-borders services, according to preferred ICT media available (interactive TV, smart mobile devices, info-kiosks or PCs) to their respective citizens;
- and a “highly scalable Deployment Model”, based on a Software as a Service (SaaS) approach and widely accepted web services standards (guarantee of interoperability with any back-office) and the affordability of the implementation, beyond the project (in the self-sustainability phase).
For more information you can refer to the Project's website: http://www.diego-project.eu/.